Thursday, July 9, 2009

Midlands Meander

Hey blog peeps

This is one of my favorite stories I like to tell. My Uncle Doug and Jurgen came to Durban for a few days recently. At first me and my Uncle Doug got off on the wrong foot , we were fighting and arguing and irritating each other. But when you hang out with your family or your uncle, it's always good to know that you have something in common. So when me and my family went on the Midlands Meander, Uncle Doug and I started to form an alliance. My mom got a little bit irritated because suddenly we were teaming up against her and she felt left out. And I must tell you, driving all day in the car is not so cool.

So after driving around for a while, we suddenly stopped at a chocolate shop (my mom really loves chocolate). So we were at the chocolate shop, we had a big bowl of chocolate sauce and were dipping strawberries, grapes, cheese, chillies, chips, marshmellows and almost anything you can imagine into the chocolate. We were enjoying ourselves, chatting, having fun. Afterwards, mom wanted to buy a box of chocolate, my uncle too and I had to stand around and wait with my dog while they made their choices.

These pictures are of me and my Uncle Doug after we had formed our alliance.



The view where we were was so beautiful. The autumn leaves had fallen. We had so much fun.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Well done on starting your own blog Jules, I'm looking forward to hearing your stories xxx

Sonia said...

To my wonderful Jules

You're my Angel in disguise
You read my soul with your eyes
Your Spirit has entered my heart
And it's my hope we never part
For you are special to me
Without you, my heart would weep
Bitterly!

Love you Lots and Lots

Sonia (Barbie)xxxxx

Gail Crouch said...

Hi Julia, I just LOOOOOVE your blog. I am looking forward to reading all your news. I am also looking forward to spending the day with you and your mom tomorrow. Another exciting thing for you to write about on your blog. Love Aunty Gail

Sam said...

Hey Jules ... your midlands meander looked like great fun :-) Sounds like you and Uncle Doug got up to some real mischief with your Mom .. hee hee :-) You're such a special angel. I love your blog so please keep blogging. Love Sam xxx